Nursing professional development (NPD) practitioners, through continuing nursing education, are empowering and transforming nursing professional practice to improve patient and health outcomes. Come to the ANCC 15th Annual Symposium on Continuing Nursing Education to explore styles and share strategies that will empower, engage, and energize the learners of today and tomorrow.
Nurse planners, NPD practitioners, managers, faculty, and clinical educators: Don’t miss this event!
Registration Fees & Details
- All registrations must be completed online.
- Payments are only accepted by debit/credit cards.
- Purchase orders and invoice requests are not accepted.
- There are no paper registration forms. Simply use a credit/debit card as your payment method on the online form.
- Incomplete registration will not be saved in the system. To finalize your registration, payment must be completed.
- For payment inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
- Your registration will be confirmed by email. Confirmation will include a link to your registration to view payment information, and will serve as your receipt. If you do not receive your confirmation or you need a replacement copy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All substitutions MUST be completed by June 21, 2018.
- Substitutions can be completed online, in the registration system. Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Please ensure each record has a unique, individual email address.
Advance Preparation for On-site Registration
- Payment issues create delays at registration. Please ensure issues are resolved before you arrive to the symposium. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for payment inquires.
- Verify your email address in your registration confirmation. That email address is used for your CE records. Contact email@example.com if you need your confirmation email resent.
- Make sure that all registration changes, corrections, substitutions are completed by June 21, 2018.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Deadline for receipt of cancellations or refunds: 11:59 p.m. on June 21, 2018.
- Cancellations should be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the registration ID number and registrant name(s).
- Cancellations are not accepted by phone.
- All cancellations are subject to a $50 administrative fee per registrant.
- Donations are nonrefundable.
- Cancellations received by June 21, 2018 receive a full refund less the administrative fee.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations received after June 21, 2018.
- ANCC reserves the right to cancel or postpone any or all symposium activities due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Refunds are not made for no-shows.
- Refunds for canceled registrations (prior to June 21, 2018) are processed within four to six weeks after the symposium closes.
- NOTE: Due to processing costs, only overpayments in excess of $35 will be considered for refunds. Please ensure that payments include the correct dollar amount to avoid overpayment.
- Children (including infants) are not permitted in any symposium events.
- The recording and/or transmission of education sessions in any format is strictly prohibited.
- English is the official language of the symposium.
- The information presented in sessions at the symposium does not necessarily represent the views or standards of ANCC.
Professional photographers and videographers will take pictures and record video throughout the symposium. The photos and video will be used to publicize the event and/or produce related literature and products for public release. Individuals photographed or taped will receive no compensation for the use of photos or videos bearing their image. Symposium participants will be deemed to have consented to the use and release of photos or videos in which they appear. Participants opposed to being photographed or taped must immediately notify BOTH the photographer or videographer AND symposium staff if they are photographed or taped.
Waiver of Liability
I agree and acknowledge that my participation in the 2018 ANCC Annual Symposium on Continuing Nursing Education, and any related events and activities, is voluntary and intentional; I fully accept responsibility for any and all injuries that occur as a result of my participation in the Symposium events and activities. I release ANCC and its affiliates, officers, agents, employees, volunteers, contractors, and representatives from any and all liability resulting from (1) participation in the 2018 ANCC Annual Symposium on Continuing Nursing Education, (2) the condition of the facilities in which the events are held, and (3) the negligent acts of any other participant of the 2018 ANCC Annual Symposium on Continuing Nursing Education, whether directly or indirectly caused by ANCC. I further agree that I, my heirs, next of kin, spouse, agent, or legal representative(s) will indemnify ANCC from any and all liability resulting from my participation in the 2018 ANCC Annual Symposium on Continuing Nursing Education, and that neither I, nor they, will file any legal claims naming ANCC as a party to such suit.
*Polices subject to change.
Registration Technical Support (Confex)*
Phone: 1.401.334.0220 (Available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
*For help starting a registration, updating a registration, questions regarding payment, or anything related to the online registration form.
General Questions: email@example.com
Monday, July 16, 2018
Optional Evening Activity, TBD
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
|Symposium Kick Off||Jennifer Graebe MSN, RN, NEA-BC
Director, Primary & Joint Accreditation
Ripples in the Sandbox – Using Creative Teaching Methods to Engage and Empower Learners through an Emotional Connection
|Nina Taylor, MA
Deputy Director of the Division of Education for the American Psychiatric Association
Program Manager, Medscape
|ACCRED Talks: Using Creative Design, Innovation and Technology to Empower and Energize the Learner Experience||Hilary Bush, RN, BN
Online Education Manager/Nurse Planner at Ausmed Education
|Jan Foecke, PhD, MS, RN, ONC
Director of CNE/Education Assistant Professor at University of Kansas School of Nursing
|Evie Lengetti, PhD, RN-BC
Assistant Dean and Director of Continuing Education in Nursing and Healthcare, Villanova University
|Hazel A. Dennison DNP RN FNP-BC CPHQ CNE
Director of Continuing Nursing Education, Director of Health Information Management Continuing Education School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, Walden University
|Spotlight on Utilizing Technology in Professional Development – Exemplars (Panel)||Marianne Bourgeois, BSN, RN
President, Apex Innovations
|Dee Eldardiri, MS, RN, CMSRN
Education Program Specialist, American Nurses Association
Bobbi Martin, MSN, RN
Rosalind Sloan, MAEd, RN-BC
|Learners of today and tomorrow: Generational Learning||Hear from a panel of learners! This panel will include learners from every generation.|
|How to Engage Learners through the Power of Presentation||Lawrence Sherman, FACEHP, CHCP
Senior Vice President, Educational Strategy at AGILE – Academy for Global Interprofessional Learning & Education
Role Modeling the Creative Process – Meeting the Needs of Today’s Learner
|Charla Long, JD
Executive Director, Competency-Based Education Network (C-BEN)
|Symposium – Synthesis Activity|
Continuing Education Reporting And Certificates
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Contact Hours
Symposium attendees may earn a maximum of 6.75 CNE contact hours
To receive CNE credit for the conference, attendees must:
- Be registered as a participant.
- Be seated in the room no later than 10 minutes after the session has started and remain in the session until the scheduled ending time.
How to Claim Contact Hours
Deadline to claim contact hours: August 17, 2018
Complete and submit the online survey. Do not skip any questions. The last step of the survey will allow you to download and print the CNE certificate.
How to Claim Contact Hours After the Deadline
Beginning August 18, 2018, CNE certificates may be obtained from ANA’s Center for Continuing Education and Professional Development. Please mail a written request including your name, address, email address, conference name, and list of session dates and titles you attended with a check payable to ANA for $50.00 for each certificate requested.
Send your written request and check to ANA, PO Box 504410, St. Louis, MO 63150-4410. Allow 4–6 weeks for delivery.
Disclosure to Participants
Conflict of Interest: A conflict of interest occurs when an individual has an opportunity to affect educational content about health care products or services of a commercial interest with which he or she has a financial, professional, or personal relationship. The planners and presenters of this CNE activity have disclosed no relevant financial, professional, or personal relationship with any commercial interest pertaining to this activity. Presenters with relevant conflicts of interest will be announced prior to their educational session.
After participating in the 2018 ANCC Annual Symposium on Continuing Nursing Education, attendees will be able to identify one area in current nursing professional development practice where the learner will improve, enhance, or change practice.
The American Nurses Association Center for Continuing Education and Professional Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
ANCC Provider Number 0023.
ANA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP6178.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
1000 W. Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8403
The room rate is $165/night plus an additional fee of $15 per night, will be charged for additional person(s) in the room.
(Rates do not include sales and resort taxes.)
Deadline for Reservations: June 25th, 2018.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort provides free parking to all guests; valet parking services are not available.
Disney offers free transportation from the airport to Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. Disney’s Magical Express® offers service to and from Orlando International Airport to the conference hotel. You can book online or by calling (407) 827-6777. Please have your flight information and your Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort confirmation available.